White Turkey Chili Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 2 cups white kidney beans (cannellini), undrained
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onion in oil until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, cumin, and ginger; cook for another minute.
- Pour in chicken broth and white wine, and then add the bay leaf.
- Cook uncovered until slightly reduced, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in turkey, beans, and jalapeno.
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Using back of spoon, mash 1/4 of beans to thicken sauce.
- Reduce heat to low, and begin stirring in cheese 1/2 cup at a time.
- Stir until cheese is completely melted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, and stir in lime juice. Serve hot.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.