Turkey Taco Recipe
- 1 package whole wheat tortillas
- 1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 lb 99% fat free ground turkey
- Fat free shredded cheese of choice
- Corn and black bean salsa
- lettuce (shredded)
- black olives (chopped)
- hot sauce (try Mad Dog Liquid Fire or Hog’s Ass Habanero Hot Sauce)
- Brown ground turkey in frying pan over medium heat, mix in any additional seasonings you like (I use garlic powder and a locally bottled all purpose salt-free spice). Because the turkey is so fat free, you may need to add a little water to the pan so that it doesn’t stick in the browning process.
- Turkey does not need to be drained, so once it is brown mix in taco seasoning – and about half the water the packet recommends, add in hot sauce (try Mad Dog Liquid Fire or Hog’s Ass Habanero Hot Sauce) for extra spicy tacos.
- Warm the number of tortillas you will need for your dinner in the microwave between two paper towels. 20-30 seconds is sufficient.
- Stuff tortilla with the meat mixture, cheese, olives, salsa, lettuce and such as desired.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.