Tequila Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 1 (12-ounce) can frozen pineapple juice concentrate
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chili in adobo sauce (including sauce) or 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- In a 4 to 5-quart saucepan, combine the pineapple juice concentrate, tomato paste, tequila, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, and chipotle chili or hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and stir often until reduced to 2 cups, about 20 minutes.
- Use sauce, or refrigerate, covered tightly, for up to 2 weeks, or freeze.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.