Sweet ‘n’ Spicy BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring (optional)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Optional hot sauce to taste (depending on the heat level preference you could add in Tabasco, Dave’s Insanity Sauce, or a couple of drops of Blair’s MegaDeath Sauce)
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the flavors are blended.
- Remove from the heat; cool.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.