St. Louis Style BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup water or beer
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, or to taste
- 4 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoon onion powder or dried chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or hot sauce to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over low heat.
- Stir occasionally and simmer for 20 minutes.
- The sauce will be thin, but not watery. Allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate. It tastes better if you prepare your sauce a day in advance and allow the flavors to blend.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.