Spicy Turkey Chili Recipe
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) no-salt-added navy white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (13 3/4 to 14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 to 4 1/2 ounces) chopped mild green chiles, drained
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add ground turkey and onion; cook, stirring and breaking up meat with side of spoon, 10 minutes or until meat loses its pink color and all liquid evaporates. Add coriander, cumin, and salt; cook 1 minute, stirring to combine.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mash half of beans; set aside.
- Add mashed and unmashed beans, chicken broth, corn, and green chiles to turkey mixture. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat; stir in hot sauce. Sprinkle chili with cilantro.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.