Spicy Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 dried new mexican chiles, stems and seeds discarded
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 habanero pepper, stem removed
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- Place new mexican chiles into a heat-safe bowl.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add carrot and garlic to the water and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove carrot and garlic then pour the boiling water over dried chiles.
- Cover bowl with chiles and hot water with plastic wrap.
- Keep chiles completely submerged in the water for 30 minutes to rehydrate.
- Discard liquid and place rehydrated chiles and blanched carrot and garlic into a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend at high speed until completely smooth.
- Let age in the fridge for 2 weeks before using. Store for upto 6 months refrigerated.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.