Southern Hot Pepper Sauce Recipe
- 12 medium long or conical chili peppers such as cayenne, de arbol, habanero or jalapeno
- 4 cloves garlic
- 12 black peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp pickling salt
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- Put the peppers, garlic cloves, peppercorns and salt into a bottle with a capacity of about 12 ounces.
- Using a funnel, pour enough vinegar into the bottle to cover well. Put the caps on and shake to dissolve the salt.
- Let the bottle sit 2 to 3 days undisturbed so the vinegar can absorb the other flavors. The longer it sits the hotter it gets.
- Store the bottle in the refrigerator or in a cool place. Until the pepper flavor gets weak, you can top off the bottle with fresh vinegar as needed.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.