South Carolina Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup yellow mustard
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Whisk together all ingredients, except butter in a saucepan, bring to a low simmer, and turn off heat. Stir in butter.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- May be used as a basting sauce towards the end of cooking, or brushed on after barbecuing, with additional sauce served on the side.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.