Smokin’ Jack BBQ Sauce
- 8 cups ketchup
- 6 ounces chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup Jack Daniels whiskey
- 2 tablespoons liquid hickory smoke flavoring
- Combine the ketchup, chipotle peppers in their sauce, apple cider vinegar, molasses, onion powder, garlic powder, ground mustard, smoked paprika, coriander, salt, black pepper, brown sugar, whiskey, and liquid smoke flavoring in a large pot
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Cook the sauce for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to low and simmer 15 more minutes, stirring often.
- Use immediately or refrigerate.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.