Sliced Steak Gyros
- 2 pounds 1-inch-thick sirloin steak
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup Greek-style yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 sprigs oregano, stems discarded, leaves chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 4 large pitas or other flatbread
- Toppings, such as thinly sliced cucumber, tomato and red onion; chopped chiles and kalamata olives; shredded romaine lettuce hearts; flat leaf parsley leaves
- 4 lemon wedges
- Pre-heat the broiler or a grill to medium. Drizzle the steak with the EVOO; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, turning once, for medium-rare, 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly, then thinly slice.While the steak is cooking, using a food processor, puree the feta, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, cumin, coriander and hot sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a bowl.
- Char the pitas under the broiler or on the grill.
- Top with the steak and your choice of toppings.
- Serve with the lemon wedges and yogurt sauce.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.
- Chipotle Sauce Recipe
- Pineapple Ghost Pepper Sauce Recipe
- Columbian Hot Sauce Recipe
- Tailgate Chili Recipe
- Rectal Rocket Fuel Island Jerk Hot Sauce Review
- Ass Kickin’ Steak Sauce Review
- Voo Doo Magic Hot Sauce Review
- Rectal Rocket Fuel Hot Sauce Review
- Da Bomb Ground Zero Review
- Pain is Good Jamaican Style Hot Sauce Review
- Quaker Steak and Lube Buckeye BBQ Review
- Mountain Man Roasted Habanero Sauce Review
- Fresh Jalapeno Hot Sauce Recipe
- Swamp Honky Chipotle Barbecue Sauce Review
- Quaker Steak & Lube Louisiana Lickers Sauce Review