Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 tsp hot paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- hot sauce to taste (habanero hot sauce prefered)
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 cup diced Andouille sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 3/4 cup long grain white rice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups shrimp (about 1/2 pound)
- 3 tbsp green onion
- Mix the first 7 ingredietns together.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large oven proof dutch oven or skillet, saute onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in butter for a few minutes until softened.
- Add sausage and cook another minute or so.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, rice, stock, spices, hot sauce to taste (habanero hot sauce prefered) and Worcestershire. Bring to a boil and then set the pot in the oven uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and the green onion and return to the oven for 10 more minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.