Remedies for the Hot Pepper Afterburn
We love our peppers but sometimes even the best of us get that burning sensation after eating a super hot pepper dish or whole pepper. Our mouth and throat is on fire! Our face gets red and we start to sweat!! There may be help for you! Here are a few remedies that can help cool down that afterburn going on inside.
* Drink Milk: If the heat is too much for you to stand try drinking a full glass of cow’s milk. (whole milk works best).
* Eat Ice Cream or Yogurt: Eating ice cream or yogurt after eating peppers may not sound very appetizing to most people but it’s an effective way to get rid of the burning quickly. Consuming dairy products are one of the quickest and most effective ways to remove the burn.
* Cold Beer: Some people believe that downing a nice ice cold beer will relieve their symptoms. However, most people will tell you that it doesn’t work as well as the two options stated above.
* Liquid Antacids: A lot of people I have talked to who love hot peppers swear that downing a dose of liquid antacid like Mylanta or Maalox works quickly and effectively to remove the burn from your mouth, esophagus and stomach.
* Foods: If you don’t have the above items handy, you can try eating bread or rice immediately after consuming the hot pepper which will help absorb the capsaicin which is causing you the intense burn.
If you are going to be consuming super hot foods and peppers, being prepared for the worst is always best. Not all of these will work for you but give a few of these a try next time you are in the hot house after eating peppers. Hope they help you cool off!
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.
- Da Bomb Ghost Pepper Sauce Review
- Mad Dog 357 Ghost Pepper Review
- Mad Dog 357 Ghost Pepper Sauce Review
- Fear Hot Sauce Review
- Blair’s Ultra Death Review
- Satan’s Ghost Hot Sauce
- The Ghost Hot Pepper Sauce Review
- Naga Soreass Hot Sauce Review
- Blair’s Pure Death Hot Sauce Review
- Holy Jolokia Hot Sauce Review
- The Ghost Hot Sauce Review
- Dave’s Ghost Pepper Sauce Review
- Bacon Hot Sauce Review
- Dave’s Ghost Pepper Naga Jolokia Hot Sauce Review
- Review of Da Bomb Ghost Pepper Sauce