Recipe for a Sweet BBQ Sauce
With so many varieties of BBQ sauces on the market it can be hard to find one that is just perfect! Many people love the sweet sauces that work so well with ribs and chicken but may not find just the right amount of sweetness in a prepared commercial sauce. We have a tip to save this issue as well as a great recipe that you can customize to make your own.
Tip: When you don’t have time to make your own recipe, you can use a bottle of a classic barbecue sauce from Insane Chicken or the grocery store and sweeten it up with a few tablespoons of brown sugar. If you prefer, you can add some honey to it. Choose one of the ingredients and add a bit at a time until it is sweetened to your liking.
When you do have the time, here is a great recipe that is easy to prepare and delicious! You can tweak it until it is to your sweetness level.
Homemade Sweet BBQ Sauce Recipe
1 cup catsup
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2-3 teaspoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons finely diced onions
In a large saucepan bring the vegetable oil up to a hot temperature and stir in the finely diced onions. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring continually. Add in the rest of the ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 10-13 minutes. Your sauce is now ready for use.
© 2012, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.
- Casa Ole Red Hot Sauce Recipe
- Duke’s Roadhouse BBQ Sauce Review
- Maker’s Mark Gourmet BBQ Sauce Review
- Maker’s Mark Chicken Recipe
- Habanero BBQ Sauce from Hell Review
- Fat Bastard Bear Bite BBQ Sauce Review
- Wing Time Hot Sauce
- Mad Dog Original BBQ Sauce Review
- Charlie’s Hard Times Honey Mustard Barbeque Sauce Review
- Melinda’s Coffee BBQ Sauce Review
- Xtreme Hot Sauce Review
- Irish Scream BBQ Sauce Review
- Ass Kickin’ Original Hot Sauce Review
- Roadhouse Original BBQ Sauce Review
- Bethany Blues Papaya Grillin’ Sauce Review