Peach Tequila BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 2 red onions, cut in 3/4 inch rounds
- canola oil
- 4 Peaches, halved & pitted
- 1 teaspoons cumin seed, freshly toasted and ground
- 2 jalapeno chiles, roasted/peeled/chopped (keep seeds for hotter sauce discard for a more mild sauce)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup rough chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup water
- Brush the onion rounds with oil and then roast in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes flipping once when half done.
- On the same baking sheet roast the garlic cloves whole with peel on.
- Brush the cut side of the peaches with oil and grill, or use hot grill pan, cut side down first and then skin side. About two minutes per side until you achieve some color and carmelization. Don’t over cook making sure that the peaches remain fairly firm.
- Rough chop the onion and peaches into large chunks.
- Peel the garlic cloves.
- In a hot sauté pan add teaspoon of oil and then the chopped onion and peach. Toss for a minute and then add the jalapeno and garlic.
- Add the Tequila and encourage flames (if you feel comfortable doing so) continue to cook for one minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and once it reaches a boil cook for two minutes. Remove from the heat and blend when the mixture has cooled slightly (about 3 or 4 minutes).
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.