Peach Habanero BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound fresh peaches, skinned, pitted, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oilve
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon habanero, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, warm oil over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally until softened, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, habanero and salt, until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until peaches are tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool. Puree in a blender.
- Refrigerate the sauce in an airtight container for up to one week.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.