Ole Ray’s Apple Cinnamon Barbecue Sauce Review
Ole Ray’s Apple Cinnamon Barbecue Sauce – This combination is a no brainer, but I’ve never had it until now. It would seem apple and cinnamon in a barbecue sauce would be more prevalent. It really should be. Ole Ray has touched upon a masterpiece here. The key might be the combination of the apple jelly, cinnamon, and cayenne, but the entire list of ingredients is a surprising combo.
In addition to the three I’ve mentioned, there’s also tomato, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, corn syrup, molasses, yellow mustard, brown sugar, liquid smoke, caramel, onion and garlic powders, black pepper, and an assortment of spices. Needless to say, this is an extremely sweet concoction.
The cayenne pepper doesn’t add heat to the mix, but the flavor, believe it or not, is evident buried beneath all the candy-like qualities of this sauce. If sweet isn’t for you, Ole Ray’s Apple Cinnamon Barbecue Sauce will be over the top, but if you like a lip-licking sweet, Ole Ray’s is going to make you happy.
My mother-in-law slow smokes ham and pork butt for twenty-four hours. The meat falls off the bone. She makes her own special sauce to go with it. The sandwiches that come from this slow-smoked meat are phenomenal. I truly didn’t think it could get better. Her homemade sauce is top of the line. It’s a honey-based sauce that she pours right into the smoked meats. She doesn’t mess with her sauce, but she let me have a batch of her meats to use with Ole Ray’s. I made some barbecue pork on sesame seed buns, and man, it was heaven on earth. Ole Ray’s Apple Cinnamon Barbecue Sauce, with its sweet burst of flavor bought the pork to life, and I don’t even need to tell you what it does for ham. In fact, I’ll be painting my next holiday ham with this stuff.
That’s not all, though. Ole Ray’s is perfect for pork ribs and almost made for pork steaks. It tastes great on grilled burgers too. If you like it sweet, stock up on Ole Ray’s Apple Cinnamon Barbecue Sauce and get ready for a treat.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.
- Peach-A-Licious Barbecue Sauce Review
- Melinda’s Coffee BBQ Sauce Review
- Cowtown Barbecue Sauce Review
- Wild-Mild BBQ Sauce Review
- Fork ’N Halo Heavenly Hickory BBQ Sauce Review
- Irish Scream BBQ Sauce Review
- Fork ‘N Halo Original Sin BBQ Sauce Review
- Outta the Park BBQ Sauce Review
- Bone Suckin’ Barbecue Sauce Review
- Night of the Living BBQ Sauce Review
- Duke’s Roadhouse Barbecue Sauce Review
- Corky’s Barbecue Sauce Review
- Obama’s Health Care BBQ Sauce Review
- Black Swan Sweet Cognac BBQ Sauce Review
- Quaker Steak and Lube Buckeye BBQ Review