Mexican Tinga Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into rings
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, or to taste
- 2 pounds shredded cooked chicken meat
- 16 tostada shells
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions; cook and stir until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, puree the tomatoes with chipotle peppers and adobo sauce to taste. Pour into the onions, and add chicken. Cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To serve, mound the chicken onto tostada shells, and garnish with a dollop of sour cream.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.