Meatballs in BBQ Sauce Recipe
Weekends usually means lots of time spent with friends and family and usually cooking for a crowd. I am forever on the lookout for great appetizer or light dinner recipes that will feed a lot of people. Meatballs are a favorite crowd pleaser and bringing the love of meatballs and combining them with a nice BBQ sauce seemed like a great idea. Here is a Meatballs in BBQ Sauce Recipe that you can try with your family.
BBQ Meatballs Recipe
2 (16 oz.) packages of pre-made beef meatballs (or make your own)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
If you are using frozen meatballs, follow the package directions to cook your meatballs if they are uncooked. Remove from oven and set aside. In a large 3 quart saucepan combine together all of the other ingredients, stirring after each ingredient addition. Bring the sauce mixture up to a boil and then reduce heat. Simmer sauce mixture over medium heat for 15 minutes or until done. Stir in the meatballs and turn the heat down to low and simmer for an additional 10 minutes before serving.
If serving the BBQ meatballs as a party appetizer you can just assemble the cooked meatballs and the cooked sauce into a slow cooker and set it to warm to keep them warmed up until serving time.
© 2012, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.
- Black Swan Sweet Cognac BBQ Sauce Review
- Ahrun’s Carolina Mustard BBQ Sauce Review
- Jim Beam BBQ Sauce Review
- Chipotle Sauce Recipe
- Pineapple Ghost Pepper Sauce Recipe
- Fresh Jalapeno Hot Sauce Recipe
- Columbian Hot Sauce Recipe
- Maker’s Mark Gourmet BBQ Sauce Review
- Gringo Jacks Whiskey BBQ Sauce Review
- Fork ’N Halo Heavenly Hickory BBQ Sauce Review
- Head’s Red BBQ Sauce Review
- Pappy’s XXX White Lightnin’ BBQ Sauce Review
- Tailgate Chili Recipe
- Mad Dog 357 Ghost Hot Sauce Review
- Ring of Fire Habanero Hot Sauce Review