Mango Habanero BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups fresh mango diced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple diced
- 2 habanero peppers finely chopped
- 16 oz orange juice
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/3 bunch cilantro
- 2 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs grape seed oil
- Dice the garlic and the white onion.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and add the garlic and onion.
- Cook 1 – 2 minutes to soften.
- Add the diced mango, diced pineapple and orange juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cut the habaneros in half and discard the membranes and seeds.
- Finely dice the habanero and add to the pot.
- Chop the cilantro and add to the pot.
- Add salt and black pepper, about 1 teaspoon each, and the juice of 2 limes.
- Bring entire mixture to a boil and let cook at boil for approximately 20 minutes.
- The liquid in the pot should reduce at least third.
- Pour mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Put into an air tight container and let cool.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.