Mango BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 6 plum tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 red onion slices 1/4″ thick
- 2 poblano chili peppers
- 1 cup chopped mango
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brush oil over tomatoes, chili peppers and onion slices.
- Grill on high heat, lid up, until they have good grill marks and have started to soften.
- Remove from grill and chop coarsely. Place all ingredients in a food processor and chop until chunky.
- Remove half of the sauce and continue blending until smooth. Pour smooth sauce over meat and marinade for at least one hour.
- Refrigerate chunky sauce. Baste meat with smooth sauce while grilling.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.