Mac and Cheese with Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups rotelle pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Whisk in flour and cook, stirring, 1 minute. A little at a time, whisk in milk, mustard, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, then remove from heat and whisk in pepperjack, Cheddar and Parmesan until smooth. Stir in cooked pasta and pour into shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in bread crumbs and chili powder. Sprinkle over macaroni mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.