Jamaican Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 1 bacon strip, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Discard bacon or save for another use. In the drippings, saute the onions and jalapeno until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; cool. Store in the refrigerator.
© 2010 – 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.