Jalepeno Lime Hot Sauce Recipe
- 6 large jalapeno peppers
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons salt
- juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Remove the seeds and ribs from the peppers and cut into medium chunks.
- Roughly chop the onion and garlic and put all the chopped ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Pour in the vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Roughly chop the cilantro and put into a blender with the salt, pepper and lime juice.
- When the jalapeno mixture is cooked, allow to cool 10 minutes, then add to the blender.
- Turn the blender on low for 10 seconds, then increase to highest setting and puree for 3 minutes.
- If you want a pure liquid sauce, strain through a medium hole strainer
- Pour into sterilized jars and refrigerate or serve
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.