Jalapeno Meatball Recipe
- 16 ounces ground beef
- Half cup rice crumbs
- Half a large onion, diced
- 2 sweet long green peppers
- Half cup rice flour mixed with 2 teaspoons sweet paprika and black pepper to taste.
- 2 ounces margarine or butter
- The other half of a large onion diced
- 1 large clove garlic
- Half green or red bell pepper
- 2 vegetable stock cubes mixed with 2 cups water
- Half teaspoon Italian herbs
- Quarter cup chopped jalapenos
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Combine first four ingredients into balls. It will make 6-8 depending on the size of your meatballs. Toss in the seasoned flour. Place meatballs in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Melt margarine in pan. Add meatballs and cook for around 15 minutes. Turn meatballs often so they do not stick.
- Remove meatballs from pan and drain on absorbent paper before putting into a greased ovenproof casserole dish.
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper and salami to pan and cook till onions are transparent.
- Blend in remaining seasoned flour and herbs. Cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes. Pour in the vegetable stock cubes and water and stir till boiling. Add jalapenos and half of the cheese. Pour over the meatballs.
- Cover and bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes. Remove lid. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over and bake uncovered another 10 minutes.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.