Jalapeno Hot Sauce Recipe
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 20 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- In a medium glass or enamel lined sauce pan over high heat, combine oil, peppers, garlic, onion and salt; saute for 4 minutes. Add the water and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor and puree until smooth. With the processor running, slowly add the vinegar.
- Pour into a sterilized jar with a tight lid. This sauce will keep for 6 months when stored in the refrigerator.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.