Indian Chicken Curry Recipe
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinless
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon hot (Madras) curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 pods cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- salt to taste
- Rinse chicken and pat dry; season with salt and pepper to taste. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, then saute chicken until browned. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Saute onions in skillet until translucent; add ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant, then stir in curry powder.
- Return chicken to skillet and add tomato sauce, coconut milk, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon stick. Season with salt to taste and stir all together.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is tender and cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.