How to Make Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 lb scotch bonnet peppers, cayenne, jalepeno or habanero peppers (washed and stems removed)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- White distilled vinegar or vegetable oil
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor.
- Pulse until the peppers are minced finely. Scrape down the sides of the bowl intermittently.
- Let the processor keep whirling and pour just enough of the vinegar through the chute to moisten the peppers and give it the consistency of a thick sauce.
- Pour into sterilized glass bottles, cover with air tight lids and store in a cool place or in your refrigerator. Alternately, you can place your bottles of pepper sauce in the sun for 2 – 3 days to ripen quickly and then store in a cool place. If there’s no sun where you are, let the pepper sauce cure for at least 5 days before use so that the flavors can develop.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.