Hot Dog Appetizer Recipe BBQ Style
- 1 TBS butter (or margarine)
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup catsup
- 1 TBS vinegar
- 1 TBS water
- 1 TBS mustard
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 8 to 10 hot dogs cut in bite sized chunks
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan over moderate heat.
- Add onion and cook briefly. The onions don’t have to be sautéed but cooking them briefly brings out the flavor.
- Add catsup, vinegar, water, mustard, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer for five minutes. Stir while heating to get sauce mixed well.
- Add cut wieners and heat – simmering until the hot dogs are heated through. This should take around five minutes.
- This appetizer can be served immediately or held in a crock pot on low. If the sauce begins to look a bit dry, a few drops of water can be added to thin the sauce as needed. Just stir well after adding water.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.