Hot and Spicy Wings
- 12 chicken wings (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking oil for deep-fat frying
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 2-ounce bottle hot pepper sauce (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings. Cut wing at joints to make 24 pieces.
- Rinse pieces and pat dry. Fry wing pieces, a few at a time, in deep hot oil (375 degrees F) for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Keep pieces warm in a 300 degree F oven while frying remaining pieces. Transfer wings to serving dish.
- In a saucepan melt margarine or butter. Stir in hot pepper sauce. Pour over wings, turning to coat.
- For dipping sauce, in a small mixing bowl stir together sour cream, mayonnaise or salad dressing, basil, parsley, and milk. Serve wings with dipping sauce.
- Garnish with fresh basil, if desired. Makes 8 to 12 appetizer servings.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare dipping sauce; cover and chill up to 24 hours.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.