Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard (any kind)
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional, but good)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 small lemon, juice and zest
- In a small skillet or saucepan, melt the butter. Add the onion and cook until soft: about 5 minutes.
- While the onion cooks, remove the zest from the lemon, chop finely, and juice the lemon.
- Mix in all of the remaining ingredients and simmer 5 minutes.
- Brush onto grilled food a few minutes before food is fully cooked. Don’t put it on earlier, because the honey will burn.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.