Honey Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
- 24 habanero peppers (roasted)
- 8 cloves garlic (roasted)
- 1 medium sized sweet onion (roasted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For roasting habanero, garlic and onion, you can use a thick iron skillet.
- Over a medium heat, roast these ingredients by turning occasionally for about 20 minutes or until they become tender.
- Remove the roasted habanero, garlic and onion from the skillet and allow them to cool down.
- Remove the skin of the garlic and the cloves and add them in the blender.
- Using a glove, add the habanero peppers in the blender after removing the skin and seeds.
- To this, add 1/2 cup vinegar, salt and pepper and blend the mixture for 5-7 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a skillet and add 1 cup vinegar and add the mixture from the blender.
- Stir the ingredients – brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, molasses and honey.
- Simmer the mixture over medium heat for 45-60 minutes
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.