Homemade Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cup of diced red onion
- 3 cups of diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium chili peppers
- 4 habanero peppers, seeded
- 1 cup of distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- Over medium heat in a large saucepan, heat oil and add the onion, chili peppers, habanero peppers and garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the onions begin to brown. Stir continuously.
- Reduce heat. Add the vinegar, tomatoes, salt and sugar. Stir until the tomatoes break down. Roughly 6 minutes.
- Place mixture in blender and blend until a puree is formed.
- Pour mixture through a fine mesh sieve.
- Let mixture cool for an hour.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.