Harissa Hot Sauce Recipe
- 2 ounces dried chilie peppers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 plum tomato
- Salt to taste
- Water (for soaking peppers)
- Soak peppers in warm water until soft.
- Seed them, drain them and preserve approximately two ounces of the water.
- Toast by baking on the middle rack in the oven on medium broil setting – do not burn – and then cool. Grind dried spices into a fine powder with a mortar and pestle or a rolling pin.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Add salt to taste.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.