Grilled Teriyaki Beer Chicken Recipe
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup teriyaki marinade
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 10 chicken legs, rinsed and patted dry
- Stir the beer, brown sugar, kosher salt, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and teriyaki marinade together in a bowl.
- Rub the chicken legs thoroughly with the vegetable oil. Poke several holes in the flesh of the chicken legs with a fork; arrange in a single layer in a glass dish. Pour the marinade over the chicken legs; marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off any excess liquid. Discard remaining marinade.
- Grill the chicken legs on the preheated grill until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, turning one-quarter turn every 5 minutes, 20 to 25 minutes total. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the leg, near the bone should read 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.