Green Salsa Recipe
- 2 pounds tomatillos, husked and cut in half
- 3 green tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 mild chile peppers, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 5 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup garlic powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the tomatillos, tomatoes, oil, chili pepper, shallots, cilantro, vinegar, garlic powder, and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the tomatillos have softened.
- Pour into a blender, and puree until smooth. Chill and serve.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.