Good Hot Dog Sauce Recipe
Hot Dogs never go out of fashion. There are hundreds of combinations of veggies and toppings that you can put on your dog and a favorite for many is a good hot dog sauce. Hot Dog sauces are normally a meat based sauce, similar to Chili and they vary in spiciness and style. They are very popular on the East Coast.
Here is a vintage recipe for some good New York style hot dog sauce. You can double the ingredients and cook it until done and freeze some for later use. You can add any other toppings desired such as cheese, onions, peppers, and more.
Hot Dog Sauce Recipe
1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
1/2 cup onions, finely diced
1/2 cup vinegar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
7 1/2 oz. tomato sauce
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Brown the lean ground beef in a skillet and drain away the grease. Pour the cooked ground beef into a large saucepan and stir in the other ingredients, one at a time, stirring after each ingredient addition. Simmer mixture over low-medium heat for one hour. Use mixture as a topping on hot dogs.
© 2012, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.
- Tailgate Chili Recipe
- Easy Chili Recipe
- Chatak Lime Pepper Sauce
- Mad Dog Inferno Hot Sauce Review
- Fire Ant Juice Hot Sauce Review
- Habanero BBQ Sauce from Hell Review
- Fresh Jalapeno Hot Sauce Recipe
- Georgia Peach and Vidalia Onion Hot Sauce Review
- Casa Ole Red Hot Sauce Recipe
- Wanza’s Wicked Temptation Hot Sauce Review
- Checking out Heine Hurtin’ Hot Sauce
- Arrogant Bastard Ale Jalapeno Hot Sauce Review
- Da Bomb Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce Review
- Mad Dog Ultra Hot BBQ Sauce Review
- Scorpion Xtreme Hot Sauce Review