Ghost Pepper Taco Soup Recipe
Chris No Comments
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cans stewed or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can corn, undrained
- 2 cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can sliced black olives, undrained
- 1/2 jar of Mad Dog 357 Pure Ghost Hot Sauce
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 1 large (20 oz) Corona Beer
- 2 cups water
- salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, to taste
- sour cream, cheddar cheese, green onions, taco chips
- Heat oil in large stock pot and saute onion, about 2-3 minutes. Add ground beef and break apart with wooden spoon. Cook until browned then add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add all can goods, undrained and 1/2 jar of Mad Dog 357 Pure Ghost Hot Sauce. Add taco seasoning and stir.
- Add beer and half the water (you can add more water to thin down if you want more of a soup than a chili).
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer one hour, then check seasoning and add salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder as needed.
- The longer you simmer, the better it will taste. I typically let my taco soup cook 4-6 hours before serving.
- Serve hot in bowls with garnishes.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.