Dr Pepper BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed or finely minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 12 ounce can Dr. Pepper
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce (try Blair’s Hot Sauce or Baboon’s Ass Hot Sauce)
- Heat the olive oil in a small pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic. Cook until slightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil (approx 10-15 min).
- Simmer for 30 minutes more. The sauce will thicken as it stands.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.