Coffee and Smoky Chili BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped
- 1 cup strong coffee, brewed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer until thick, about 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate the sauce in an airtight container for up to one week.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.