Chocolate Habanero Torte Recipe
- 2 cups chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup minus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 habanero chili, seeded and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly butter a 9-inch springform pan and set aside. In a medium saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over the lowest heat. Mix in the cocoa powder and espresso powders until smooth and set aside for a few minutes to cool. While the chocolate is cooling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, peppers and flour until they are completely combined and foamy. Fold the egg mixture into the chocolate until the color is uniform and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick pulls out moist crumbs when inserted near the center of the torte. Allow the cake to cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes. Run a knife or inverted spatula along the edges of the torte and loosen the sides of the pan. Cool for 5 minutes and remove the sides of the pan. Invert the cake an a serving platter and cool completely before serving.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.