Chipotle Shrimp Taco Recipe
1 (12 ounce) package bacon, cut into small pieces
1/2 onion, diced
2 pounds large cooked shrimp – peeled, deveined, and cut in half
3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
12 corn tortillas
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime, juiced
salt to taste (optional)
- In a large, deep skillet fry the bacon over medium-high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain the bacon fat.
- Add the onions to the pan with the bacon and cook 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the shrimp and chipotle chiles; cook 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Heat tortillas on an ungreased skillet over medium-high heat for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Turn and heat for another 5 to 10 seconds.
- Fill the heated tortillas with shrimp mixture.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, lime juice, and salt.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.