Chipotle BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 head or roated and chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup chipotle pureed peppers in adobo
- 1 1/2 botles ketchup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
- Mix vinegars and spices in pan and over med heat reduce by half.
- In large pan, saute onion and garlic lightly in olive oil till oft.
- Add sugar and molasses. Reduce slightly and add vinegar mixture, chipotles, ketchup and wooster sauce.
- Cook slowly over low heat 1 hour.
- Season to taste with salt, and strain through med strainer, pressing out juices of onion and garlic.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.