Chili Lime Rub
- 1 t chili powder
- 1 t granulated garlic
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/2 t coriander
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1/8- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1 lime (about 2 T lime juice)
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 lbs flank steak, or other good grilling cut (tenderloin, NY strip, and tri-tip all work well)
- Juice the lime into a small bowl. Add spices and oil and stir to combine. Some limes have more juice than others, so sometimes the mixture will be more liquid-y and sometimes it will be more pasty.
- Place the steak in a shallow dish and pour the spice mixture on top. Use your hands to massage it in there.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes. During that time preheat your grill.
- Place meat on hot grill (bbq is best, but an indoor grill pan or broiler will work just fine too). If you’re using flank steak it should take about 5-7 minutes on each side. Here’s a great tip for testing meat doneness in other cuts.
- When steak is finished, remove from grill and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting into it. Slice in strips against the grain.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.