Chickasaw Hot Sauce Recipe
- 4 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Tabasco
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne — (1 to 3)
- 3 Tbsp dry mustard (or 1 Tbsp ginger)
- up to 2 cup water
- Mix everything in a large, heavy saucepan. Add water as needed to create a sauce with a cream-like texture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer VERY GENTLY for 1 hour. Stir frequently.
- Add water if it gets too thick.
- This sauce freezes well in mason jars.
- Use as a base flavoring for chili, sloppy joes, dip for wings or barbecue sauce. It is easily modified to accommodate individual heat preferences.
© 2010, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.