Cajun Chicken Wings Recipe
- 12 Chicken wings — tips removed
- 5 Bay leaves — crumbled into bits
- 3/4 teaspoon Caraway seeds
- 1/2 To 3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground coriander
- 4 Garlic cloves — finely
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Paprika — preferably
- 3/4 teaspoon Dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Brandy
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon or lime juice
- Defat the chicken wings by cooking them in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a large mortar and pestle, grind together the bay leaf bits, caraway seeds, cayenne pepper, coriander, cumin, garlic, mustard, paprika, thyme and salt for about 10 minutes.
- Add the brandy and lemon or lime juice to the pulverized herbs and stir into a thick paste.
- With a pastry brush, cover both sides of each wing with the herb paste. When no more remains in the mortar, squeeze the last few drops from the brush.
- Arrange the chicken wings on a baking sheet. Bake until the skin turns deep brown and is quite crisp approximately 30 minutes.
- Takes about an hour to prepare.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.