Beer Infused Habanero Hot Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups light beer
- 1 can (6-ounce) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons bottled habanero hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan cook sugar over medium-high heat until it begins to melt, shaking the pan occasionally (do not stir). Reduce heat to low; add onion and garlic. Cook and stir 5 minutes more or until mixture is golden brown.
- Bring beer just to boiling in a small skillet. Carefully and gradually add boiling beer to sugar mixture, stirring constantly. Whisk in tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, habanero sauce, chipotle peppers, and salt.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or to desired consistency and bottle.
© 2011, Hot Sauce Reviews and Spicy Food Blog. All rights reserved by InsaneChicken.com.